B Lab and the B Corp movement
B Lab is the non-profit network transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. B Lab creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and we certify companies — known as B Corps — that are leading the way. We mobilize the global B Corp community of over 7000 businesses in 90 countries towards collective action to address society’s most critical challenges and we team up with governments, academia, coalitions, and other institutions to drive economic systems change. By using business as a force for good, our collective vision is to create an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy.
The B Lab Benelux team is part of B Lab Europe. The Benelux Community is scaling rapidly, as the demand for B Corp certification and interest in impact management tools and programs across the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg is fast growing. We are a young, innovative, and open-minded team, working with strong dedication and a contagious drive to contribute to B Lab’s mission and vision.
About the role
As part of the B Lab Benelux team, based in Amsterdam, the “B Corp Belgium lead” is the central B Corp movement coordinator in Belgium. This person will be responsible for raising awareness about the B Corp performance management framework, for supporting and connecting with the existing community of about 70 Belgian B Corps, and for linking with other progressive change agents and organizations in Belgium.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organization and movement working to make the global economy benefit all people, communities, and the planet.
Your main responsibilities
General Country Coordination
- Co-creating and executing Belgian market strategy with the team B Lab Benelux
- Mapping the sustainability ecosystem in the core regions of Belgium, including data insights of trends on sustainability themes
- Identify an effective advocacy strategy in the Belgium ecosystem
- Represent B Lab at relevant events and take active part in these events
Activate awareness across Belgium of the (value of) B Corp Certification and movement
- Organize regular info sessions on the B Corp movement & certification, with a strategic focus on tapping into under-represented sectors and geographies
- Act as first point of contact for Belgian companies regarding the B Impact Assessment and B Corp certification process, re-directing them to relevant resources
- Liasing with the B Lab Benelux certification team on more complex cases
Co-create and facilitate Impact programs
- Foster trusted relationship with Belgian ‘B Leaders’ (B Corp professionals trained to help companies); identify ways to work with them to achieve strategic goals collectively
- Contribute insights from the Belgium market in the development of Impact Programs, identifying synergies with Belgian events or trends
- Scout Impact program partners in the ecosystem and provides (logistical) support
B Corp Community Engagement & Communication
- Engage the community of Belgium B Corps, establish relationships and act as their primary point of contact (e.g. onboarding, practical questions, account management).
- Organize and deliver events for the Belgium community (hybrid workshops, B Keeper dinner, B leader drinks, B Corp community events, CEO Dinner) and support overarching Benelux programs and events (e.g. B Corp Month session, impact improvement webinars, etc.).
- Stay up to date with developments within B Lab Network on B Lab EU channels
- Activate the B Corp community on the online community engagement platform
- Capture inspiring case studies to share with the Communications team.
- Analyze community data (creating Belgium reports/dashboards in Salesforce)
Co-create and facilitate impact improvement & collective action
- Work with the Benelux Community team to identify opportunities for collective action; setting up working groups/other forms to ignite collective action
- Manage existing Belgium working groups and evolve the process for collective action
Preferred qualifications and skills
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- University degree in business, economics, sustainability or other relevant field
- Customer orientation
- Experience with CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce)
- Able to present and speak in public
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Dutch, ideally in French as well
- Knowledge of the broader agenda of sustainability
- A great networker, who enjoys building relationships and likes to engage in communities
- Passionate about the role that business can play in creating a future that benefits all people and the planet.
- A strong communicator, who can communicate effectively
- Flexible and comfortable to work in (frequently) changing environment
- Self-starter, who likes to work as an independent team player
- Enjoys the combination of more strategic thinking as well as more operational tasks
What we offer
- The indicative salary range is EUR 50.000- 55.000 gross per year (incl. holiday allowance) relying on relevant experience
- 25 days of holiday plus additional days off over the end-of-year holiday period
- Volunteering hours to help contribute to other organizations
- Annual professional development budget to contribute to career development and learning
- Monthly contributions towards health insurance, health and wellbeing, mobile and commuting to the office bills, and working from home – we believe well-being is fundamental to our mental and physical health and happiness!
Start date: As soon as possible
Working Arrangement: For this position, you must live and work in Belgium. You will be mainly working from home or flex office space. You will be asked to travel to our Amsterdam office about 6 times a year.